Property24's predictions for the year ahead include:
- Interest rates dropping before rising later in the year;
- Raised investor interest in property apart from residential property;
- New residential property markets being opened up by mining and industrial ventures;
- The importance of security and personal safety will remain major purchase motivators;
- Greater standardisation of the home buying process as the government clamps down on money laundering; and
- Increased consumerism as buyers become aware of their choice of loans and lenders.
In Pick your perspective
the Financial Mail
reports that Erwin Rode predicts another golden year for property. However he warns against speculating without doing proper research. As long as developers do their homework carefully, gear cautiously and focus on long-term income growth in areas where solid demand exists, they will be protected from the suds when the bubble eventually pops.