The most common causes for deeds being rejected according to Allen West are:
- Faulty description of parties in the preamble and vesting clauses.
- Faulty extending clauses.
- Supporting documents for estate transfers not lodged.
- False certificates provided by the conveyancer.
- Failure to lodge Rates Clearance Certificate/transfer duty receipt.
- Incorrect conditions being perpetuated.
- Conveyancers failing to check their deeds before lodgement.
The above can be avoided if the conveyancer preps his deeds before lodgement!
Readers' views will be appreciated